Monday, January 25, 2010

This Facebook Status Can Die in a Fire

Shame on you America: the only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations. 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this

Last I recall Democrats try to enact programs to help those in our country who are homeless (govt home subsidies and loan programs), who go to bed without eating (welfare, foodstamps), elderly folks without meds (medicare) and mentally ill without treatment (healthcare reform) and Republicans try to stop them every step of the way. Which is ironic since the person who posted this is a...REPUBLICAN.

So what's their big plan to help those listed up there? Huh?

Besides, I didn't know this part of the bible pertained to just Americans:

"Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invited you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

****
Facebook makes me really dislike people.

2 comments:

SassyCassie said...

AMEN! I agree 100,000,000%! I've been finding it really really hard to bite my tongue on this one...

April said...

Yes! I keep chanting to myself, "you do not start internet wars, it's not worth it."

But my goodness it's hard with this one.