Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Ramblings

Day one thousand and twenty seven: still sick.

Status: summer cold is now a case of acute bronchitis.

New favorite friend: my inhaler.

New favorite tv show: The Little Couple.

Mood: still stir-crazy. I'm not really contagious. But the energy required to go anyway makes me get overheated and cough my silly head off.

Ongoing favorite hobby: archiving old family photos.

my great-grandfather
James Ewing Wilder, my great-grandfather, 1933

my grandpa, grandma (holding my cousin), my pa and ninny


my uncle and my mama
oldphotos 009

Bonus: the best peanut butter cookies EVER.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet. Combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.

2 comments:

SassyCassie said...

It's been too hott outside to go anywhere... especially being sick! Get better!

kate said...

i really need to start archiving our old pictures, now that i have a scanner. thanks for the reminder! and how cute is your mom as a baby?!