Monday, November 22, 2010

Day Six

And there it hangs.



There was a time in the midst of my deepest struggles with school, when I hated where I lived and felt oh so lonely all the time that I fantasized about giving it all up. Just quitting. My mom assured me that quit was not in my vocabulary. I knew it wasn't, but I wanted to try it on for a spin.

So what I'm saying is there was a time when I never thought I'd realize my dream of graduating from the University of Kentucky.

In the end I couldn't quit. And I refused to transfer because Kentucky WAS my dream. But it's been hard, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. At a certain point I doubted whether I'd ever wear this.

In 24 days I will.

3 comments:

kate said...

i still haven't gotten mine!! eeeeeeee. and we better meet up for a tumblr graduation photo op! lol

kate said...

i hope that sounded more exciting than threatening....hahaha

April said...

Mixture of both, really. ;)

But yes! Let's do!