Friday, September 18, 2009

Of Workout Clothes, Mexico and Health Care



My Old Navy order. Isn't that pathetic? I know that it seems frumpy. I know. But I promise, I broke all of my workout clothing this summer and had to replace it all. Amazing how actual working out in yoga pants, rather than just lounging, will wear them out so quickly. All these years...I had no idea.

Mexican Coke 014

Friday I brought home Mexican cokes. Special because Mexican cokes are still sweetened with real sugar, not the high fructose corn syrup that seems to have invaded America by storm years ago with no real plans of ever leaving. Jonathan had never had one. The bottle is perfect and slightly retro. We're both hooked for life.

Mexican Coke 002

I think it's safe to say I successfully grew pumpkins and gourds.

And finally, a special comment:

If you had a baby recently and were assisted in paying to have said baby by passport and then got WIC after the baby arrived and you are on food stamps I'm going to just say it: YOU HAVE NO RIGHT IN THE WORLD TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SOCIALIZED ANYTHING. OKAY?

And another thing: if you don't think we need health care reform I don't think you should be allowed to complain about your co-payments, your high deductibles, or being denied for some service you think you deserve. It just makes you look like a gigantic hypocrite. If you're happy with the status quo then I think you should suck it up and act like it.

3 comments:

kate said...

1) i would like to live in a world where yoga pants are acceptable wear everywhere, in every situation. i just want to wear them all the time. i started taking yoga classes simply for the excuse to buy more yoga pants (true story).

2) where did you find mexican cokes?? i would love to try them!

3) your final point(s) - YES, YES, YES, EXACTLY. my god.

SassyCassie said...

Old Navy is my best friend!

And for those who argue that government healthcare will pay for abortions... they already do. According to the Passport Health website they pay for abortions in the case of rape or incest or if the "life of the mother is in danger." I've just been wanting to throw that our there because I'm a shit-stirrer. ;]

April said...

Katie, a little grocery store near me had a small supply. I still have no idea why, but it was awesome.

Cassie, you're an awesome little shit-stirrer! I had no idea about that.