Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday

Tonight I threw an impromptu dinner party for my aunt and uncle. I pulled together a meal and managed forage together a baked ham, fresh corn and green beans, mashed potatoes and cornbread. For dessert I served two options: Peach Cobbler and Peach Ice Cream. The adventurous folks opted for both together. Not to toot my own horn or anything but it was all so yummy.
Peach Cobbler. I've died and gone to heaven.

I'm swimming in peach desserts.

But of course everyone comes for the chickens, not the food, these days.




They don't disappoint.

******

Life update.

I don't work this week because my temp job is over. (It was so bittersweet leaving my temp job buddies on Thursday.) I was so stressed about what in the world I was going to do after it ended when another job just landed in my lap. I mean, literally. I applied and within a day was hired. So awesome! This Friday I begin a job as a receptionist with a roofing company. It's not what I want to be doing with my life, obviously. But it's something. I'm comforted by the fact that I won't have a lapse in paychecks and also that it pads my resume with some office experience that I'm sure might be helpful in the future. The steady employment should look good as well.

Now I get to put together a wardrobe of office attire. That's really the part I'm most looking forward to.

No comments: