Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Wrap Up



I came, I saw, I wrestled a bird.

We had a small gathering at my parents' house for Thanksgiving and then took extra trays of food to my aunt and uncle.

I spent Wednesday baking pies and making desserts and rolls.

Pumpkin pies are ready for the oven.


I need a new roll recipe before Christmas, though. They were pretty but the texture was off and has been for the last few batches. Such a bummer.



I made turkey, ham, dressing, green beans, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, homemade turkey gravy (a first for me, I've been mastering various gravies all year long and felt confident enough to attempt turkey sans recipe this year), broccoli casserole, baked beans, and deviled eggs.

And by the end of the evening I looked over and Molly had a seat at the table.

I looked over and Molly was at the dinner table.

Typical.

No comments: