Friday, February 27, 2009

Random Musings

I went in Babies R Us for the first time in years last night. And I instantly realized why I will not be having children for several years now...I've got terribly expensive taste. I mean I've known this about myself for sometime now (for all of my saving money pep talks), but it was bad. I love the $500 Maclaren and Peg Perego strollers. The $60 hotslings. The Dr. Brown bottles. The Britax carseats. The $450 cribs. The boppy pillows and the bumbo chairs. I loved it all.

It was bad.

The friend I'm buying this stuff for has known me for years. She's very relaxed, doesn't need much of anything, doesn't get into trends and things. And she says I'm very high maintenance.

She might be right.

So let it be said, I can't afford to procreate. I'm not entirely sure I can afford to attend this baby shower to be honest.

So that's what I'm doing this weekend, a little more shopping, going to the shower. And hopefully taking a nap. I'm not a huge sleeper, but this was such a busy week in terms of classes that I feel like I deserve a few hours of rest.

Then maybe I'll make the cupcakes on the cover of this:

martha 001

Which was waiting for me in the mailbox this morning. Mmm...I love the smell of FREE in the morning. Smells like money! ha

And I'll continue to upload pictures like this one:

jon's hair 010

I don't know where I found this goober at, but how do you like his BLUE STEEL? I think he's watched Zoolander a few too many times recently.

P.S. Chihuahua,

jon's hair 006

I want another one.

I'm like the Mama Duggar of the dog world.

1 comment:

SassyCassie said...

Cute new layout! I'm so ready for spring!