Thursday, June 4, 2009

No Title Required

It's been a while since I've done one of these on the blog. So why not?!

*****

What is your current obsession?
gardening, reading books about gardening, snacking on sunflower seeds in their shell, going for long walks

What is your weirdest obsession ?
Hmm, I have so many: the Obama White House, Rahm Emanuel, all things vinegar, expensive flip flops, couponing, bad reality TV, cable news programs...etc.

What are you wearing today ?
It's still early so I'm in these cloud capri pajama pants that I've had forever and a boy scout camp shirt (my uncle is the ranger at the camp in Indiana so I get free shirts!)

What’s for dinner ?
not entirely sure yet, but something with chicken

What would you eat for your last meal ?
KFC. I'm not even joking.

What’s the last thing you bought ?
I myself bought a brownie batter blizzard last. I'm not proud of this moment...but it was delicious.

What are you listening to right now ?
a spoon hitting the bottom of a cereal bowl.

What is your favorite ice-cream flavour ?
It would probably be easier to list my least favorites, ice cream is one of my favorite treats. Lately the faves are cherry cordial and butter pecan.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be ?
Somewhere quaint and a little further South so it's warmer, and I can't really see myself living anywhere other than the South. I'd love to find a lovely, charming small town somewhere, not necessarily on a beach...but a close drive away.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go ?
A beach somewhere.

Which language do you want to learn ?
Spanish or Italian.

What’s your favorite quote (for now) ?
'You're killin' me Smalls.'

What is your favorite colour ?
Pink, but I'm also a big fan of bright robins egg-y blues and purple. I prefer bright and bold colors.

Who are your favourite (fictional or not) heroes ?
Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Hillary Clinton, Woody and Buzz from A Toy Story, my grandmothers, my Mom.

What is one of your favorite daily/weekly rituals ?
Grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday, grabbing a newspaper and coffee on Sunday mornings, sitting outside on the patio in the Summertime,

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on ?
I'd probably just stick it in the bank and save it to buy something on vacation or for vacation.

Favourite designer ?
Anybody who designs for Target.

Do you admire any one’s style ?
I love classic Jackie Kennedy. And by default, I'm totally adoring everything Michelle Obama has been wearing. The cardigans, skirts, cute dresses, flat shoes or comfortable heels...love all that stuff.

Describe your personal style ?
Everyday it's quite comfort driven...which I hate. But I have nowhere to be currently and that's the rut I get in. I love preppy, classic stuff otherwise. Crisp oxfords, jeans, layered shirts and sweaters, khaki skirts, madras, comfortable dresses, pearls and sandals.

What are you going to do after this ?
Find something for breakfast. Probably another homemade McMuffin (my version is only 230 calories...and so freakin' yummy.)

What are your favourite films ?
The Sandlot, Gone with the Wind, Oceans Eleven, My Fellow Americans, anything with Tom Hanks in it. I love funny stuff for the most part, but I rarely sit down and watch movies...I have to really want to see something to commit myself to the hours it takes to finish one.

What’s your favourite fruit ?
Lemons and Limes, grapefruits, cherries and strawberries. I also love watermelon and canteloupe. I refuse to believe Tomatoes are fruit, but if I did they'd be number 1 on my fruit list.

What inspires you ?
A lot of the blogs I read. Martha Stewart. My Mom. Paula Deen. Reading magazines. Visiting antique stores. Taking trips or seeing new things. History.

What is on the walls in your bedroom ?
Paint is barely on one wall...still. Everything else is pretty sparse. There are some movie posters but they are on the way out.

Your favorite book ?
Walk Two Moons, Superfudge, Revolutionary Road, Tender is the Night, Harry Potter series.

Do you collect something ?
Seashells. Some sand, but on a lesser scale than the seashells.

What is one of your pet peeves ?
Whispering, loud iPods in libraries, bad drivers, rude people, poor receptionists, the American Healthcare System.

Tagging: anyone who wants to do it, leave a comment if you do!

No comments: