Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Way You Make Me Feel

Great youtube video? Or greatest youtube video? I love stuff like this.



Third Eye Blind sings 'I Want You Back'



Some people say it's silly to mourn the death of a celebrity. I don't think it's the person as much as it's the person's place in the soundtrack of your life.

When I was a kid I walked around singing 'Bad' into a makeshift microphone. I was obsessed with his music videos, I loved listening to my Dad sing me old Jackson 5 songs and one of my favorite things I did as a big sister was introduce my little brother to Michael Jackson music. Michael's songs provided the background music for so many moments in my life.

So that's what I'm thinking about this weekend. One of my favorite quotes is a from a Kenny Chesney song, "We all have a song that somehow stamped our lives, takes us to another place and time."

Rest in peace, Michael. Thanks for the music.

P.S. This blog from Lisa Marie Presley is a must read for anyone looking for insight to the untimely death of Michael.

No comments: