Thursday, August 6, 2009

Insert Witty Title

Summer has ruined me for food. All I want is fresh, fresh, fresh. Case in point: the number of peaches I've consumed this week. I'm in the midst of a full blown peach binge. I suspect at some point I'm going to turn into one.

The car search is going. Last weekend was a little rough since every dealership was freaking out and afraid to actually do the Cash for Clunker thing. We went this afternoon and I had a love affair going on with the new version of the car I own. Yes, the new version of the car I own...the one that doesn't actually work anymore. I KNOW, it's nuts. But I like to believe what's wrong with my car is the fault of other people, not the car itself. I've always loved the car. Especially its delicious gas mileage.

But I don't know. The senate passed the extension money tonight so I suppose I'm good to shop at will over the weekend. I've got time, and I'm refusing to stress over this thing.

Garden update: the tomatoes have blight. It's depressing. I try to not think too much about it. We still managed to get a few, so it's not been a total waste. The cooler temps and rainy June are most likely to blame. Every growing season can't be perfect I suppose. So I'm already planning next year. I want a garden tiller for Christmas. And I'm not even joking about that. Sad.

Speaking of next year. Omg, I'll be graduating. This is overwhelming. This last year of school is overwhelming. I'd like to find a cave to crawl into. Now, please.

I opened a savings account. I've only ever had a checking account. The whole savings thing seems grown up so I'm documenting this turning point in life.

As I recently twittered: Cake Boss < Ace of Cakes

It needed to be said.

And finally, I just thought these were cute:
7-12-09 001

7-12-09 005

/end scene

No comments: