Monday, July 14, 2008

Musings

I've not had a lot to say lately.

For a brief moment I considered another controversial topic.

But you gotta be prepared to defend yourself, and I have no energy right now. So, I passed.

I could have blogged about my progress on the room makeover. Except, well, there isn't exactly any progress yet. I have paint chips taped to the wall though! Where they may stay for the next several weeks.

Then of course there is the car thing. I hate car things. So it's best to just sweep that under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist. Last night my father asked if I'd found anything worth checking out yet. Umm, yeah...I haven't really been looking too hard. I should get on that though.

So, no car stuff, or room stuff, or controversy.

I've been working on organizing my coupon stuff. I seem to flip flop a lot on the whole couponing thing. I'll go really strong for several weeks, scooping up deals left and right, and then I'll promptly procrastinate on clipping them for several Sundays in a row. Oops.

I've been applying for jobs and internships. No luck yet, but that is something a little bit new. I'm not rushing anything, or particularly desperate. I just figure it's good to be productive and start getting my name out there a bit.

In other news, I hate my car insurance company. Not so much the company itself, but the women who work in the local office. The ones who always seem SO BOTHERED to have to enter payments or print receipts or you know DO THEIR JOB everytime I'm in there. Today I dropped off my tow bill, which under the terms of my policy I get reimbursed $40 for and you'd have thought I asked them to recite the bible BACKWARDS. I mean Jesus, pardon the pun.

So yes, that's about all I've got. How are things in your neck of the woods? Really, I'd love to know. Do you love your car insurance company? Should I switch? How about your car, is it reliable and affordable?

5 comments:

SassyCassie said...

I don't hate my Focus. It runs good and gets pretty good gas mileage. I'll probably drive it until it falls apart.

One thing... Alex bought it brand new before we got married. We will never buy another brand new car. We will get a fairly new used car. Just sayin'.

kate said...

i love my insurance company! i switched to progressive last fall and about a month after switching, i got hit by an uninsured driver which totaled my car...they've been so great about everything. and it's cheaper than what i was paying at my last insurance company! worth checking out for rates.

i've always driven saturns...i've been in two wrecks, one really bad one, and walked away relatively unharmed from both of them (neither wreck was my fault, by the way...apparently i just attract reckless drivers who feel the urge to slam into me at high speeds for no reason!)

right now i have a 2008 saturn vue, and i LOVE it. the cars are great but the best thing is the people, they are so great and there is never any haggling or shady, slimy salesmen. and the service department is great too, they've never taken advantage of my girlish cluelessness about cars but instead are really helpful and educating.

April said...

Cassie: I almost bought a Focus once, they seemed like a pretty good car. I hear you on the brand new thing. My last car was a year old with very low miles on it, I thought that was a great way to go.

Katie: I'm so happy to hear you have a Vue and love it, believe it or not I was just looking at those before I read your comment! Thanks for the tip about Progressive, I'll definitely look into their rates.

B said...

I'm no stranger to controversy, but I completely understand not having the energy for the defense of it all.

Oh, and welcome to 20SB! Thanks for joining!!

April said...

Thank you!