Monday, July 28, 2008

Take Me There

I was tagged in a round-a-bout way by the lovely Katie for this one. Never one to pass these things up, I of course gave it a go.

I am
not quite sure what I want out of life
lonely
trying to find something I can't even put my finger on
basically in limbo

I want
to see the world
fall in love

I have
an amazing family
a posse of wonderful animals
a decent life

I wish
i had the answers
that barack obama becomes our next president
that i could experience a perfect day soon
i had more money

I hate
closed minds
war
genocide
suffering

I fear
losing everyone i love
heights
having my palms touched
never getting what i want

I hear
the drone of the television
the hum of a computer
the breathing of a dog

I search
for knowledge
for peace

I wonder
if i'll have children
how my life is going to turn out

I regret
not getting on the boat
not saying how i really felt when the subject was broached
not going out that first night

I love
my family
my friends
this election cycle
saving money
helping people

I ache
from the pain in my back

I always
put three cubes of ice in my cup
end up pulling my hair back

I usually
eat all of the wrong things
drive way too fast
spend too much money
and sleep way too late

I am not
always happy
terribly quiet like people think
sure of myself

I dance
in my dreams, never in public

I sing
broadway songs at home in very dramatic fashion
in the car, alone
sometimes in the shower

I never
want to regret life choices
plan to vote republican
put the cap on the toothpaste

I rarely
make my bed
do the dishes
take any medicine
wear socks
put on makeup

I cry
way too much for my own good

I am not always
strong
the best person to ask

I lose
iPod accessories...often
my patience
stuff in the bottom of my purse

I'm confused
about everything

I miss
several friends i've lost contact with
my grandmother
being close with my aunt b

I need
to get my shit together
to stop worrying

I should
throw caution to the wind more often
stop caring what people think
be nicer and more appreciative
talk to my dad more

I'm officially tagging a list of people, because the internet is way too quiet and I need stuff to read. In alphabetical order: Candace, Cassie, Charles, Devin, Erin, Laura, Meghan, Tammy. Come on peeps, my little marshmallowly fluffs...you guys are so smooshable, get to writin'.

3 comments:

kate said...

yay i'm glad you did this! it's cool to get inside other people's heads like that.

p.s. totally going to steal "my little marshmallowly fluffs"

SassyCassie said...

Just knowing that you don't put the cap back on the toothpaste is killing me inside.

April said...

Haha, I'm sorry. If it helps the toothpaste I'm currently using has a cap attached that you just click down so it is currently closed. I can't be bothered with that remembering where I sat the screw on caps though.