Monday, July 28, 2008

My Back and Prince William

Biggest Celebrity Crush as a kid?

Prince William

Hands down, without a doubt, bigger than any boy band infatuation, was my love for Prince William. Admit it, the year is 1997 and you saw him walk behind his mother's casket and you fell in love a little bit too. He was adorable.

So over the weekend I managed to do something to my back. Which is kind of hilarious considering I did nothing more strenuous than popping in a DVD. But I can't explain the logic, I just know that anything that doesn't involve me lying flat, or curling up in the fetal position, HURTS.

Cooking? Hurts.
Bending over? Hurts.
Walking to the mailbox? OMG, thought I was going to die.

And it happens to be one of those laughs in the face of tylenol, motrin, aleve, kind of pains. Which could have something to do with me forgetting to take said over the counter drugs in any consistent manner, though I'm admitting fault at nothing. OH. Well.

So I've been resting with an ice pack under me for the better part of today. Except for the part where I thought baking a pineapple upside down cake in a heavy iron skillet was a good idea.

Oops.

I digress.

The point here is that as I was resting and perusing the interwebs from the luxury of my lap. After exhausting all blog options, which, HELLO people update so I can know all about your lives that are probably far more entertaining than mine, and then promptly playing 8 thousand sessions of line marbles I decided to see what ol' Prince William has been up to lately.

princewilliam

Oh, just...give me a minute.

I mean, it's not that bad. Except the whole buck tooth thing. And then the thinning hair thing. He's still royal. Second in line to be the frick fracking King of England. There's something to be said for that.

Except.

princewilliam2

Oh God. No. No. No.

I don't need to see the attempt to dance. See the girl in the corner of the picture? She agrees with me.

See the girl dancing with him? That's Kate Middleton. She could be Queen someday. Thus, she puts up with the dancing.

Hey, I hold no judgement here.
----------------------------------------------------------

Back Pain: Destroying One Childhood Crush at a Time.

1 comment:

kate said...

hahaha! the same thing happened to me awhile ago...he was my absolute dream man when i was younger...but yeah, he's not aging so well.

harry, on the other hand, went from strange looking red-head to hottie mchothot. just saying.

hope your back feels better!!!!