Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Breakfast

So I must confess, I don't really like oatmeal all that much. I can eat about half a bowl before I just can't handle the consistency any longer. But I've been feeling a little heavy lately foodwise. Like I need to detox a bit for a few days, up the fruit and veggie intake. The other night I had a smoothie for dinner because the thought of a meal made me ill.

For breakfast I was inspired by one of my favorite healthy bloggers, Heather Eats Almond Butter. She eats oat bran all the time. For breakfast, for lunch, for a late night snack. And she tops it with some of the most delicious looking combos.

I'm a total convert. Here is my morning bowl. I cooked it without sugar and just added a spoonful of nutella and bananas after it cooked.


p.s. I bought my oat bran at kroger, it's in a box where all the oatmeal is for $1.67.

p.p.s I was doing more reading after this post and found out oat bran has a better nutritional profile than oatmeal. Which is awesome, because I much prefer the bran's creaminess.

No comments: