Friday, October 24, 2008

What did she cook this time?

The Pioneer Woman's No Knead Rolls!

yeast rolls 010

These things were freaking fantastic. If you like carbs, that is. If you have the slightest problem with the C word, you might want to stay away.

Seriously easy as far as bread goes, it took only one pan:

yeast rolls 002

I let them rise in the oven, which I'd warmed and turned off, since the house was otherwise freezing:

yeast rolls 007

But the best part was learning you can keep the dough in the fridge for a couple of days. I had no idea you could do that! Call me ignorant in the ways of dough.

I made two pans today, which we ate...too many to even mention. And I have the rest of the dough in the fridge. I plan to use it over the weekend.

Between the cinnamon rolls and the dinner rolls, this was my week of coming to terms with the big scary thing I call YEAST. I was always afraid of kneading properly, killing the yeast, ruining entire recipes. But I think I'm ready to purchase a large can of the stuff to have on hand now.

And maybe a treadmill or something to counteract the carbs.

1 comment:

kate said...

ohhhhh man...definitely making these ASAP!