Thursday, June 26, 2008

Inspired

Inspired by this, I'm going to answer these. And frankly, you should too.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Finding someone to raise children and grow old with.

What is your current state of mind?
As always, super worried about silly stuff. but other than that (which is normal) I'm pretty calm and enjoying summer.

What is your greatest fear?
Losing my family and being alone for the rest of my life.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination, I put EVERYTHING off until tomorrow.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Ignorance and stupidity (i.e. refusal to be more enlightened about the world and issues involving us all).

What is your greatest extravagance?
I'm pretty darn frugal, but I really love gadgets and technology. I'll always spend money on computers and cameras.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
steadfastness, I think it's important to have the ability to waver on something if you were truly wrong to begin with. You should always admit mistakes.

What is it that you most dislike?
I hate when people are apathetic towards anything. But I'm a pretty passionate person, so I guess I'm always seeking that in others.

On what occasion do you lie?
To protect people, or smooth out situations.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I'm not crazy about my thighs.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Sincerity and sense of humor.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Strength, general kick ass-ness. We need more Hillary Clintons and Angelina Jolies in this world.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Lately it's been "for sure".

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I do believe I've yet to find that.

When and where were you happiest?
Sheer bliss in the moments after my Dad's first heart attack when he was wheeled out of the cath lab, I remember sitting in the waiting room smiling from ear to ear and just feeling this incredible just like...light within my whole body. It was quite amazing.

Which talent would you most like to have?
I really wish I were crafty. I just don't have the eye for it.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I don't think I've had a greatest achievement yet. I was a good kid, I made through school, am working on my "higher education", but nothing remarkable yet. It's coming though.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'm still working on being less uptight, so I guess I would have more fun...that's what I'd change.

If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what do you think it would be?
I always say a dog, but one of those dogs that has it made.

What is your most treasured possession?
Photographs, you just can't replace them.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Poverty and hunger I would imagine, the victim of Ethnic Cleansing, Hiv/AIDS mother in a 3rd world country, old person with no family and no support system.

What is your most marked characteristic?
I'm sure people say I'm quiet. But, I'm not really sure how others perceive me.

What do you most value in your friends?
Honesty and ease of friendship, if we have to work hard to be friends it's just not worth it.

Who are your favorite writers?
Mark Twain, Jane Austen, Rebecca Wells, F. Scott Fitzgerald, J.K. Rowling, Richard Yates, Walt Whitman, Margaret Mitchell, Wendell Berry, Maya Angelou.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Rhett Butler, although he is a bit of an anti-hero.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Good lord that's a hard question. How about Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony. Had that been my time period I feel I would have been just as adament about women's rights as they were. Thank god they existed. And look how far we've come.

Who are your heroes in real life?
un peace workers, volunteers, first responders, my mother, jacqueline kennedy onassis, princess diana, angelina jolie, bono, hillary clinton.

What are your favorite names?
Harper, Ellis, Sloane, Julian, Sullivan, Jude

What is your greatest regret?
Not getting on a boat with my grandpa the last time we were at the lake before he died, not telling someone how I truly felt.

How would you like to die?
Surrounded by my loved ones, happy with how it all turned out.

No comments: