Saturday, June 7, 2008

Revelations

I thought attending a wedding today would be hard. You know, full of all those silly emotions about why it's not me getting married and why am I so alone.

But you want to know the fantastic thing that happened?

I realized exactly the opposite. I am where I've always wanted to be in life. I've never, ever been one to rush this idea of marriage and family and picket fence lifestyles. I just think being exposed to it had initially made me interested in the proverbial grass on the other side.

I'm okay with being single.

Sure the desire hits every now and then to have a person around who shares all my hopes and dreams. But it can wait. Like everything, it has a season. And right now my season is being in this place of dreams and hope and aspiration, for myself. I was always the girl who has always said she wouldn't marry young, or have children young. or do anything otherwise rushed. And why should that have changed?

I'm actually pretty damn happy with my life.

And isn't that a wonderful revelation?

Another wonderful revelation: the single girl gets to marvel at the beauty of the cute usher. And in the end that's not such a bad thing.

No comments: