Thursday, June 5, 2008

Time for Change

The Primary Election Season has finally wound down and can I let out a collective "Thank God" for all of us?

I love politics as much, or maybe more, than the next guy but I was tired. Tired of the ongoing process, tired of watching the returns night after night and listening to the pundits talk about how divided the Democratic Party is.

I got so tired of hearing that line. Despite supporting Hillary until the end (mostly because I preferred her healthcare plan), I ended election night on Tuesday by signing up at BarackObama.com, making him a friend on Twitter and Myspace, and putting all of his appropriate buttons in their appropriate places. Don't let it be said that I was one of the delusional Hillary supporters on election night hoping we take our case all the way to Denver. No, I'm ready to move on to the big fight.

And I'll go ahead and say, the big fight with Obama leading the way feels right.

Four years ago, as I've mentioned before, I sat in my room during a "self imposed exile" and watched the Democratic National Convention on PBS. The young senator from Illinois took the stage, gave his famed "Red State-Blue State" speech and electrified the party like perhaps none before.

It's time. Time for Barack Obama to ascend the national stage and to return the prestige that comes with being an American. It's time to stop the fear politics. Time to stop the lies. Time to change the way politics are played in this country. I'm confident that this fall we will see a Presidential Campaign like we've never seen before.

Folks, history is about to be played before your very eyes.

What an exciting time to be an American.

A little message from my friends at MoveOn.org:



Don't forget to visit BarackObama.com, sign up and be a part of the movement if you aren't already.

1 comment:

SassyCassie said...

I love your new layout! That site has some awesome ones!!