Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've Had a Breakthrough



I twittered that just a few minutes ago in reference to this picture. It set off a fury of emotion that I've been holding in all day. Emotion that started at CVS, continued at Walmart and Lowes and culminated in the parking lot of Sonic. I am so uptight, such a control freak, that I cannot stop telling people what to do or getting pissed off when they do things different than my vision.

Hi, I'm April, and I'm uptight.

So I'm letting go. Seriously. I believe this is the breakthough I've been working towards for months now. Tomorrow is hopefully a new day. One where I surrender control and stop giving a damn what everyone thinks.

Phew, I'm starting to feel better. I might even take a page from Dooce and only pack one pair of flip flops.

Okay, maybe not that extreme, but you get the point.

No comments: