Friday, September 5, 2008

Cat Scratch Fever

It is so hard to find the motivation to blog lately. Between the dropping my basket over school stuff, and then the whole political scene right now I spend most of my time watching CNN, perusing the internet for political stories, or reading something for some boring class.

But I was doing so good with the blogging and writing down the stuff going on in my life that I almost feel bad for not updating! Something about that is probably not healthy. ;)

So what have I been up? Good question.

As I said, watching lots of CNN. Last night Jon piled on my bed with 2 of the 3 dogs, my Mom kicked her feet up nearby and we watched John McCain's nomination speech. But before that we warmed up with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. That was lots of fun.

I finished my quilt squares! Now I just have to quilt the whole thing. Which umm...I'm thinking is going to be the hard part since I have no idea how to do it. I'll let you know how that goes.

Last night I dreamed about my dead grandmother. As in, every so often we had to un-thaw her and she'd come back to life for a little while. What?! Yeah, I don't know what is up with that. I blame it on late night Republican politics coupled with French Onion Sunchips...that'll do weird stuff to your head. ;)

Did you know I still don't have a car? Nope, keep putting off going to find one. I hate car shopping. And the price of little cars has rose dramatically since the last time we bought one! Omg. When we bought my Aveo, it was a year old with really low miles on it and we got it for $8,900. If I tried to buy a year old Aveo now with low miles it would cost me $10,988 or $11,950.

So I'm indecisive about what I want and unsure of which direction to go in. I'm sure I'll decide something soon though.

Things I'm currently obsessed with include:

The LL Bean catalog. I'm not kidding when I say I want everything in it.

Fall Weather. I wouldn't mind a bit of a chilly spell.

Bollywood movies. Which oddly enough my library has a plethora of. Weird.

And kittens. I know there are enough animals around here. But every time I go to Feeder's Supply there is a cage full of kittens. And every time their adoption fee is marked down to $55 and the frugal part of me goes, '$55 for a cat thats already fixed and has all of its shots is a DEAL'. And every time at the very moment, when I'm this close to asking someone for paperwork to fill out...my Dad calls and says 'don't even think about it'. And he doesn't even know I'm thinking about it, he just knows where I am and that it's GOING TO HAPPEN.

So yeah, somebody adopt a kitten and then let me come cuddle it. Okay? Thanks.

No comments: