Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Hello 2009:
  • get a new job, that I like or at least tolerate.
  • 3.0 or better (preferably better) next semester.
  • pay off my last credit card balance.
  • read more, especially making time for books that aren't for school; try to read one new book each month (i.e. reading does not mean gossip blogs, or twitter feeds or tumblr.)
  • travel somewhere new.
  • take a weekend trip.
  • finish my quilt, finally.
  • set up an Etsy shop to sell quilted table runners (so I can be cool like Devin.)
  • be nicer to my Dad, appreciate that he means well and only wants the best for me.
  • go to the movies more.
  • get better at cooking (not just baking) and find more dinner recipes that are enjoyable.
  • expand the garden.
  • can something.
  • improve my closet, as cheaply as possible, so that I have more options.
  • wear more jewelry.
  • start walking more, if only to get out of the house and clear my head.

Those are just a few I could think of. Note that losing weight is not on the list. I've decided, while I could lose a little, I've been the same weight for many years not...not losing and not gaining. My cholesterol is fine. I could walk a brisk mile right now and not feel winded about it. So whatever...accepting and embracing is far more important to the psyche than disappointment over failing another diet and not looking like a size 6 starlet.

No comments: