Monday, April 27, 2009

Postcards from the Weekend

I had to document somewhere, that for the first time in months I actually ironed clothes, fixed my hair and wore pearls. Although it may be hard to tell all that from this fuzzy picture ( I don't know why the shirt seems wrinkly, because it wasn't. I startched it and everything.) I guess you could say I've been in a bit of a funk lately. Seasonal depression maybe. But my daily uniform has been yoga pants and pulled back hair.

True story: when you look like a house frau, you feel like a house frau.

before 017

The sad occasion was a funeral. I had other plans for a wrap dress and strappy thin heeled sandals but I learned I'd be watching Miss Riley during the visitation and therefore I went with something comfortable and un-trippy. I had visions of dropping the baby...and they were pretty terrifying.

After two days of funeral going and a million stirred up memories of my grandmother I was pretty ready to do something that didn't involve dead grandmas.

Tada! The garden!

Before tilling, note the little square I used last year that housed 18 tomato plants, 3 squash plants and 1 cucumber bush:
before 018

After tilling, note the tremendous expansion:
after 001

Our neighbor offered to come over with his tractor and till it for me. Saving me $32 and a broken back. It was awesome. I don't think the proportions appropriately correlate in that photo as the plot seems much larger in person. For reference, the shorter plot is 16ft x 30ft and the long stretch is 9ft x 53ft. More garden than I've ever worked with. But it should be amazing.

first bonfire 008
Then we had a bonfire. And learned Jack loves his marshmallows roasted, not plain.

The end.

3 comments:

SassyCassie said...

You look cute! I learned that if I just wear a little bit of make-up, I feel better and people don't comment on how tired I look! lol!

And holy crap that garden is huge! I'm sitting over here with my tiny back yard feeling jealous!

k said...

you look adorable!!

i'm super jealous of your backyard garden...i'm dreaming of the day i can do it myself. and bonefires too, be still my heart!

April said...

Thanks, both of you! :)