Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bambi or Something Like Him

Closer Tonight

The Other One We Saw

My new reason for needing an SLR is deer. There are tons of them in the field and woods behind our house. And my poor camera just can't capture them like I want it to. Last night we were crouched down amongst the soybeans looking at one laying in the field about a 100 feet away when all of the sudden, we looked to our left and the buck was just 30-50 feet away staring us down.

Frankly, it was a bit unsettling.

A- Because has anyone seen that video of a deer kicking the shit out of someone?
and
B- Because I had taken off my flip flops so I could approach a little more quietly. So the running ability in the face of said attack would have been poor.

That said. We're going back tonight. Only with camo and binoculars this time. And perhaps I'll get video instead. ;)

No comments: