- Kicked it all off by watching the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics. Amazing, stunning, I'm still blown away by it.
- Became kind of Olympics obsessed. I'm watching swimming right now.
- Spent all day out on Saturday with my entire family helping Jon pick out a new bow for his latest hobby: archery.
- Resisted the urge to shoot myself later from the stress of it all.
- Happy that sort of outing rarely happens anymore.
- Froze 6 bags of tomatoes, trying to make a dent in the growing pile of crop from the garden.
- Barely made a dent.
- Created 2 pie recipes on my own.
- Baked a Blueberry-Raspberry Pie which was phenomenal.
- Made barbecued pulled pork.
- Baked another pie: Apple that time around.
- Watched more Olympics: gymnastics and diving.
- Straightened my hair.
- Ate pie.
- Okay, 2 slices of pie.
- Contemplated making a German Chocolate Cake.
- Shut up, I didn't.
Blueberry-Raspberry Pie Recipe:
12oz of blueberries
12oz of raspberries
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of minute tapioca
dash of lime juice (or lemon if you insist)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together, let sit for 15 minutes. Pour into pie crust, top with another pie crust, flute edges and slit the top. Brush top with milk, melted butter or egg white wash and sprinkle with sugar.
Apple Pie Recipe:
5 granny smith apples: peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of melted butter
Mix apple slices with white sugar and flour. Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Add brown sugar and melted butter. Pour into pie crust, top with another crust...yada yada...see directions above.
Both were baked for 50 minutes at 375.
Apple Pie measurements are kind of a rough estimate. Throw what you like in, it will turn out fantastic, trust me. Just don't forget the butter. For no other reason than I like butter.