Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blue Lights, Thanksgiving and Chex Mix

I bought an 18 pound Butterball on Friday, for FOUR PEOPLE. I'll never stop pointing that out. The excess we go through each year for FOUR PEOPLE. I mean I guess I'll stop if it's ever more than FOUR PEOPLE. But until then...

And really we do enjoy the leftovers. A lot. I think I enjoy the cold stuff the day after more than the actual meal. Since by dinner time on Thanksgiving I'm usually too exhausted to really enjoy my plate. At any rate I've finished most of the shopping. Behold, the menu:

Dinner:
Turkey
Dressing
Pioneer Woman's Rolls
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Corn
Broccoli Casserole
Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Pickled Beets
Deviled Eggs
(and anything else I've failed to list...which I'm sure is something)

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie
Jello
Chocolate Pie
Pumpkin Cobbler

Today I strung blue Christmas lights for the first time ever. I must admit, there is something very retro and cool about them. Or nuts. Really...it's all about perspective. I'm trying to stay positive.

And I made homemade Chex Mix. Which I still can't decide if I like or not.

Pre-Thanksgiving 004

Pre-Thanksgiving 008

I used corn and wheat chex, pretzel sticks, cheereos and Planter's Pecan Lover's Mix. And of course the recipe from the Chex site. I tried to make it once when I was like 12 or 13 in the microwave. Needless to say it was disgusting. So I was at least much more pleased this time.

And finally, have you heard the news? Apparently I've hobnobbed with the future Secretary of State!

Sure, she'll meet lots of important people over the next few years...but first? She had to meet me! ;)

No comments: