Sunday, November 16, 2008

Of Pizzas and Televisions

Another weekend, another experiment with yeast.

Believe it or not I've never made pizza dough from scratch. We've always bought those little packages that you mix up at home or frozen dough. Again, had to do with that whole 'fear of kneading' thing.

I used this recipe from Epicurious, which is becoming one of my go-to websites these days. One pizza I covered in pepperoni and green olives on one side, my mother covered another with her favorite toppings: mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and olives.

Final verdict: all delicious but I still need to play around with the thickness of the crust and just how done the bottoms of the crusts should be.

pizza 001

pizza 003

pizza 005

pizza 007

pizza 008

In unrelated news: the tv in the living room blew up this weekend. And by 'blew up' I mean it stopped working, made a horrible sound followed by a horrible smell. We knew it was coming since it's had this awful picture for about a year...but I come from a family of procrastinators. And tightwads.

It's made for some hilarious moments. Like last night when I just couldn't stop laughing about it while my brother moped around like it was the end of the world. Or this morning as I watched my Dad, reading glasses a top his 50 year old wrinkling face, as he pored over the paper ads muttering, 'what happened to tube tvs????'

So I guess we're on the market for a new...fancy television. I feel like a Clampett moving to California or something.

Anyone have a LCD tv brand that you just love and want to rave about? Or one that you'd like to tell me to stay far away from? Because I've got my parent's credit card and it's burning a hole in my proverbial pocket.

No comments: