Friday, January 16, 2009

Freezing Cold Bungalows

Yesterday was my first day of classes. I don't have much to say about that anymore. They were classes, I'll learn to tolerate some and I'll love a few. End of story. Besides it's hard to have an opinion on anything when it's THIS FREAKIN' COLD. I was so bundled and layered yesterday, it was ridiculous.

Did you know it's possible to get a brain freeze from the cold air? Yeah, me either, but that's what my forehead felt like. I'm thankful that the most walking I have to do is from the parking garage to classroom building and then just one building over from there. Otherwise I'd be one miserable person this semester.

(It should be noted that I spent yesterday while walking in the cold cursing myself for not going to school somewhere further south. What a stupid decision. 17 year olds should never be allowed to make such important decisions, really.)

Anyways, I took my camera with me yesterday since I'm doing this 365 project and they tell you to take your camera with you everywhere, something I've sadly never thought to do before. It was a good experience, definitely something I'll continue to do.

On my way home I pass through Finchville, which is no more than a little stretch of highway for those unaware. Finchville is home to my dream house:

Jan 15, 2009 025

A perfect little bungalow with a chimney, and a concrete porch like my grandparents had. And trees in the front yard. When I say I want to someday live in a house with character, that is what I'm talking about.

No comments: