Monday, February 25, 2008

Amazing Prose

I watched the Oscars last night, of course. I managed to predict, in one way or another, everything but Supporting Actress. Tilda Swinton surprised me there, but she gave a great acceptance speech and I was thrilled with her win. Jon Stewart did a good job. Although I will admit to wanting Billy Crystal back next year for some classic Oscar-ness.

That's all I have to say about that, to quote Forrest Gump. Which is a film I watched this weekend and remembered all the amazing things about it. Does anyone else love that movie?

I digress.

Okay, seriously. I must admit I've been sitting here with this browser open, those first few paragraphs written, staring at the blankness at the bottom and wondering what in the hell I could possibly write about today.

I'm not coming up with much.

The next big thing on the horizon is my birthday. I don't know what I'm getting, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's the Flip Ultra with underwater case, or a Coach bag. I honestly don't care which one because birthday means birthday cake! Like, the best cake ever.

Which reminds me...I've got to start working out again because I'm now hearing I'll have a wedding to attend in early June. Which is totally exciting. And like...for real...why is everyone getting married? I'm going to have to get married just to see what the fuss is about.

Or not. Seriously. Me...married? Ha. I just don't see it yet.

I'm at least hoping for some good weather soon so that I can get out of the house. I've been meaning to take Jon on a trip to Frankfort forever, maybe one of these days I'll actually do it. If anything so my poor camera, which is sitting on my desk mocking me, can stop bitching because I haven't used it for anything good in way too long. I hate that. It's exactly why I always stop short of justifying an SLR purchase...I can't commit to using it often enough.

And so I really think this about wraps things up. Another magnificent prose from me, please....hold all of your applause. I get it, I have simply, the best blog you've ever read. I'm sorry I'm so amazing.

*snort*

No comments: