Tuesday, May 13, 2008

About Me (so I can link to on my sidebar)

I am 22 years old and single. That should say enough, really.

Because 22 and single generally means I have zero direction and no clue what I want to do with the rest of my life.
And I'm okay with that. For the most part.

I attend the largest university in my state where I am soon to be a 5th year Senior. I am also okay with this revelation as well. I figure that extra year buys me some time to think. For three years I called the home of my university my own home. Although I have fond memories of that time, it was also riddled with lonely feelings and general angst.

So, I'm a commuter now.

I spend my time in the car listening to thrilling things like NPR and Rush Limbaugh. That last one is laughable, because I couldn't disagree more with every word that comes out of Rush's mouth. But I like to challenge my own belief system.

Many would consider me to be a Yellow Dog Democrat, because I'm 100% sure I would vote for a yellow dog if he ran on the Democratic Ticket. I know this because I own a yellow dog, he is quite handsome:



I also own, or at least cohabitate, with a chihuahua named Jill who is the name companion to the lab above (Jack), and a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix named Molly. Or the "Mexican Hotdog" as she is sometimes referred. No, we didn't know she was a Chiweenie when we bought her. But her remarkably long torso cannot be denied.






In addition to chasing down said dogs, I spend much of my free time chasing down this kid:

My brother, "The Amazing Jon" is a good 9 years younger than I am. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a pair of closer sibllngs. Which means we often fight like cats and dogs, and I won't deny having he said/she said matches with a 13 year old. For the record, he totally provoked me.



In my free time I enjoy pretending to be a photographer, obsessively checking CNN and Perez Hilton alternately, and spying on my all too perfect to be real neighbors. The last is a habit I'm trying to break. Kinda.

I like long walks on the beach, seriously. I dream of moving to a state that is less landlocked than the one I currently reside in. I'd much prefer the neighbor I'm spying on be Jimmy Buffett.

This blog chronicles my very mundane life. With a twist of lime and sprinkle of salt.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

kate said...

i'm a 23 (almost 24) year old single lady...who happens to think you are quite fabulous! lol :) i like this idea, i might steal it....bwahahaha

April said...

Bless your heart. (Haha, see that? My attempt at being southern.)

Steal away. I'd love to read it!