Saturday, May 10, 2008

Going to the Chapel...

I've mentioned that I have an upcoming wedding to attend. The soiree is taking place the weekend before my vacation. So in the upcoming weeks I have all of the vacation last minutes to take care of, along with shopping for that perfect wedding attire.

Tonight I spent a little bit of time researching the proper June wedding apparel ettiquette.

This is an excerpt from my favorite article on the subject. It is my favorite because the bolded part is exactly how I fear I am going to experience this wedding.
Last summer, with two weddings rapidly approaching, I purchased a sexy yet
tasteful Nanette Lepore pale-pink sundress with a bird-and-butterfly pattern.
Since the guest lists promised to have little crossover, I planned to cheat and
wear it twice.

The dress never made it past the first wedding, which took place in
Vermont. Depressed that my personal life would never match the picture
of purity and simplicity at the quaint church where my friends exchanged vows, I drank too much at the reception and made an ass of myself on the dance floor.
Sadly, the dress was not up to the task. Or, more precisely, I wasn’t up to the dress—I didn’t have the cleavage to hold up the scooped and gathered front. The ruffled straps kept falling off my shoulders, taking the
rest of the bodice with them. Several times, the entire dress nearly fell to my
waist. I have not asked to see the wedding photos.

Happy for them? Of course.

Mildly depressed for myself? Most likely.

1 comment:

SassyCassie said...

I ordered this dress for the wedding we're going to this weekend. I had Alex's grandmother take it in to fit it to my body a little better and I'm going to change out the tie with a ribbon that will match my shoes.