Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Photo of the Day: Election Day Edition

I did my Civic Duty today and voted in the Primary. I'm happy to say I helped lead Hillary Clinton to victory tonight, even if it ultimately doesn't mean much. I've dreamt about casting a vote for Hillary in an election since I was in high school. Today, in that booth, I stopped for a second after voting, soaked in the beauty of that name at the top of such a historic ballot, and smiled. I might not get to vote for her in the fall, but today I did it. Such a powerful moment for sure.

I digress.

My polling place is at Plum Creek Baptist Church. Thankfully I remembered as we left the church basement today that I had Jon's little camera tucked into my purse. I knew I wanted a few shots of my surroundings and immediately got to snapping. To the chagrin, I might add, of my family.

I have a thing about cemeteries, and old structures. And I knew I could make the images I took look sufficiently creepy with a little editing.

They did not disappoint. At least not me. I love them.

Jon on the other hand says I'm sick and demented for photographing graves and that the barn looks like a serial killer shack.

I was flattered.







1 comment:

kate said...

these are gorgeous!! i love whatever you did to them (i'm guessing it wasn't naturally that creepy? lol)