Friday, May 2, 2008

Photo of the Day


english daisies
Originally uploaded by apsies
I planted these English Daisies last week in my bird retreat. At this point their life expectancy is looking a little iffy as they decide whether or not to thrive in my soil. I still have high hopes because they are so gorgeous. Even if they are all wilted right now.

Live...dammit....live!

In other news one of my favorite times of year is upon us.

Here are my picks:

Oaks: I don't normally like favorites, but the Oaks is the race for a favorite to actually win it, which is why I cannot help but like Proud Spell. My second pick is Little Belle, who made strong case for herself by winning the Ashland Stakes at Keeneland last month, and the fact that she is the daughter of A.P. Indy.

Derby: Eight Belles because she's an incredibly strong Filly and I would love to see a Filly take it again. I liked her in the Oaks originally, but now she's my favorite Derby longshot. And Colonel John because of his Bob Baffert connection. Bob is my favorite horse trainer, he doesn't have a horse in the field this year but the guy training Colonel John worked for Baffert for a number of years. If that isn't the proper environment to really learn how to prepare for the Derby, I don't know what is.

Happy Derby Weekend!

No comments: