Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Business

So I'm sitting there eating my cereal this morning. Wherein "cereal" really means fritos and cheddar bacon dip, and I realize: my vacation is freakin' 15 DAYS AWAY.

Umm. Hello? When did this happen and who allowed it?

Am I allowed to gloat? Please say I am.

I apologize in advance. But seriously! In 15 days I'll be back on my little slice of heaven. I'll be shelling and beaching and it will be WONDERFUL.

So anyways. I feel the need to leave the following link here in case anyone who reads would be interested:

The Business of Being Born

This is that documentary that Ricki Lake helped do all about childbirth, midwivery, and homebirths.

As I get older I find myself becoming more and more in touch and in tune with that maternal instinct of mine. I begin to wonder how I'd like to create my family, the number of children and the manner in which they come to me. Adoption is still in the forefront of my ideal life, however I could see myself having a biological child in addition.

My mother has so many co workers whom are pregnant as we speak and our conversations sometimes are all about how those women are planning to birth. One in particular in interested in finding a midwife which sparked a whole conversation about hospital births. My Mom is adament in saying if she'd had another child after Jon she would have never, ever gotten another epidural.

After watching this documentary I think I definitely see where she is coming from. Too many women are coming home from hospitals with C-Sections. Then staph infections after that. When did we stop trusting our bodies to just do what they do?

So there is my spill. Watch it. It's fascinating. Cultivate your own opinions. I won't beat you up if they are different than mine.

No comments: