Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mad with Power

I'm zapped. But a new post needs to be up. Not that I don't love Molly, but I'm tired of seeing her at the top of the page.
  • Finally exploded in a fit of hormonal rage that had been building for a week. Was surprisingly not as bad as in the past: St. John's Wort to thank maybe?
  • Emailed someone I really used to care for, he actually emailed me back. Friends perhaps? Full circle moment for sure.
  • Decided against buying the dSLR, for now at least. I'll revisit the idea in the fall after a few months of working again. But, it was definitely a more complicated purchase than I thought and I felt I was rushing it too much in the name of vacation. My camera will suffice for now.
  • Worked out plans to redesign "my" room after vacation. I'm going to make it multifunctional so it transitions to Mom's craft room when I leave the nest. Am almost too excited about working out the plan and picking up paint samples and such.
  • Bought all of the supplies to bake a cheesecake this weekend. Holy crap, when did cream cheese start costing an arm and a leg??
  • 12 Days. That's all.
  • Made a to-do list. Have about a zillion things on it that all need to be worked out this weekend.
  • Bought an ASUS EEE PC. Will definitely put up a review when it gets here. But I'm initially super geeked about it. I love the idea of a mini laptop that I can throw in my purse and go with.
  • Made plans to yardsale in the morning, which if you know me and my history of poor yardsale skills then you'd realize this is laughable. But one of them is going to have a luggage carrier tomorrow and we could use one.
  • Had an hour long conversation about what you do at a wedding reception with no alcohol or dancing. Seriously...what do you do???
  • Nearly fainted at the following headline: CLAY AIKEN IMPREGNATES A WOMAN.
  • Then laughed at the structure of said headline. "Clay Aiken To Be Father". Nope, more shocking that he impregnated a woman.
  • Spent 2 hours of my life watching Lucky 7 on Lifetime. Could say many things, but will stick with this: Patrick Dempsey IS dreamy...end of story.
  • And I'll end with this: Chris Brown and Rihanna are freaking adorable. Like, seriously. And I'm not embarrassed to admit that.

P.S. Sex and the City...THIS WEEKEND. If you saw, don't tell me. But I really hope I can squeeze in a couple hours at a theater before the weekend's up.

2 comments:

SassyCassie said...

I almost bought a nikon d60 at Sam's yesterday. I was all high on 97 cent coke and concrete floors.

Love the new layout. I installed a new one last night but I don't think I like it. It's been done too much.

I want to see Sex and the City so bad but Alex won't go with me! And I have to work everyday until Friday. Boo...

April said...

I love the d60. It was the one I was leaning towards. But I just keep getting hung up on making the right choice and lenses and dust reduction and all of that jazz. Ugh. Eventually.

LOL at Sams Club. I haven't been in there in years but I'm pretty sure getting high on 97 cent cokes is part of the reason why.