Thursday, May 29, 2008

Victim of Mass Consumerism

I want Martha Stewart's hair.

I know it sounds insane. Martha Stewart? Right. I mean, when did she become my style icon? Up until this morning she wasn't. I could have cared less about her to be honest. And then a little thing I like to call "free magazine subscription" happened.

You see, a few weeks ago I signed up for a free subscription to "Hallmark Magazine". Not really thinking or caring too much about it. That's my thing, free subscriptions. If you look enough you find them by the dozens. I get Time, Better Homes and Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Spin, Interview, Travel and Leisure....all free.

And I like it.

But until last month I didn't have a favorite. The logical choice used to be Time. I like politics. I like their format. It fit, you know?

But then Hallmark lured me in with their Key Lime Pie.

And this month with this pretty cover:



Then a wonderful little piece on must-reads for the beach. And they all SOUNDED WONDERFUL.



Then Hallmark caught my eye with this little shell inhanced page:



Which mentioned MY vacation spot, Sanibel Island. Any mag that mentions Sanibel automatically gets major points from me.



And by the back flap of the magazine I was admiring Martha Stewart's hair.



That's how I ended up coveting a Martha Stewart haircut.

I'm such a sucker for advertising and photoshop.

1 comment:

kate said...

oh i like that! you should go for it!