Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Blog Block '08 (How I've Spent My Time)

  • alphabetized my spices
  • tried to cook a casserole
  • burnt a pot holder
  • watched "Beetlejuice" 8,495,838,783 times; and it just keeps getting funnier
  • read 13 trashy romance novels
  • watched the birds in the retreat
  • cried
  • bemoaned
  • whimpered
  • got the dog's leg unstuck when it came out of socket
  • stopped couponing for the time being because I couldn't find the energy to clip them
  • read a book about birds, front to back, can't remember any of it
  • painted my toenails their signature pink
  • organized my pictures
  • attempted to learn aperture
  • twittered
  • twiddled my thumbs
  • wrote 6,000 blog posts...deleted each one
  • became dyslexic
  • cured cancer
  • wrote a love song, not cause you asked me to
  • bought britney spears songs on itunes
  • watched a lot of jimmy kimmel
  • am now fucking matt damon
  • read exactly one piece of actual literary work; hated it
  • ate a lot of white cheddar popcorn
  • didn't exercise
  • bought squash and promptly killed all nutritional goodness by frying it
  • come to think of it, fried lots of foods
  • called my mom's dog, "the baby jesus"
  • changed her name to "el diablo"
  • then back to "the baby jesus"
  • watched my father become a huge OBAMA supporter
  • for the record: that's 2 against 2 in this house
  • we hillary supporters are a slightly delusional bunch ;)
  • sniffed permanent markers and gasoline
  • suggested that someone should make a candle out of that shit
  • avoided all family member phone calls
  • lied to my dad about the cost of our condo for vacation
  • took up shoplifting for sport
  • watched a lot of "king of the hill"
  • debated bobby hill's true parentage with my brother
  • pan broiled ribeyes, causing every smoke alarm in the house to go off
  • annoyed by father by:
  • calling him by his first name
  • refusing to twist tie the bread or potato chips
  • not double bagging the garbage cans
  • and breathing
  • contemplated the merits of ramel bradley's rap career
  • admired robert downey jr.'s ability to wear the color purple and still seem manly
  • took entirely too much of my time writing this

(Disclaimer: some of these may or may not be embellished. You decide which you would like to be true. Too many are for me to admit.)

2 comments:

SassyCassie said...

You DOUBLE BAG your garbage cans?

April said...

Oh yes. One of my father's many quirks.