Sunday, May 11, 2008

Covet List

1920s style bungalow is my current dream home. Well, that's a lie. My dream home is a huge ancient plantation style home like something from out of "Gone with the Wind", because I have a thing for columns. But if I'm being realistic, this kind of house is my real dream home. I'd love to buy one someday that needs a little fixing up and really make it my own.



I have a thing for blue kitchens with white cabinets and stainless steel appliances. I also have a thing for any kitchen larger than a thumbtack, in which I can pan broil ribeyes to my heart's content. But especially ones that look like this.


As mentioned, I have a wedding to attend next month. It's a casual affair so nothing too dressy is required. I'm thinking a dress along the lines of these three. And since I rarely have an opportunity to dress like this, I'm super excited about shopping for this event. And attending I suppose, I do quite enjoy the couple. ;)




A wedding also means I finally have a reason to show off my mad stilleto skills. Y'all, I can walk in the pretty shoes now! After much heartache and a realization that I should be buying an 8 1/2, not a 9 (hi! am not as large as I think I am), I get to actually feel pretty and elongated in some shoes. Yay for me.

I can't stop perusing the lovely halls of Etsy. The idea of an online art village of handmade goods is incredible to me. It makes it super easy to find wonderfully handcrafted gems of all sorts. Like this sparrow print I've had my eye on for a few days:



When I own my own home it will be full of beautiful prints like this one. Love, love, love it.

Let's not kid ourselves, I'm not getting married in the near future. But what is a girl to do when no marriage prospects are on the horizon and she wants a diamond ring?

She buys herself a right hand ring. Whoever came up with this little creative ploy is a marketing genius. Because I totally want one.
Also. What's a girl to do when she can't come up with blog material? She makes of list of things she currently wants to own.
Worked out quite nicely huh?

1 comment:

kate said...

ooh you've mastered the stilettos, eh? i can handle them for about 10 minutes, then i start getting wobbly/achy, hahah...i still want to get to the point where i can jog down the street in them carrie bradshaw style, but i doubt that's happening soon for me, lol

i want a bungalow too! i like to cruise down off richmond road and pick out my hypothetical one, haha