Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day Eleven: A Rant

I've hit a wall so to speak in the semester. The last two periods of Italian have been the worst for my fragile little ego. I've felt like the biggest idiot in the world. I'm not always right, it doesn't come easy to me and I worry about getting completely lost in the language. Not to mention our midterm was 2 weeks ago and my confidence level on what that grade will be has gone from I probably didn't bomb it completely to omg, I'm certain I failed and I'll never get to leave UK. Not to mention we have an oral exam the day before Thanksgiving break and not only do I not have a partner yet, I'm also kinda stressed about the whole thing anyway.

It's kind of ridiculous.

Then over in history is a group project that is sucking my soul with busy work. A bibliography. Then another paper on what we found and how we're going to research the paper. And so on and so forth. The assignment is really quite nutty.

Yesterday I had to skip history because I needed to register for classes. There were only 4 spots left in a history writing course that I have to have to graduate so I needed to be on it. Thankfully I got in. And got in the next level of Italian (ugh) so it all worked out. But I do worry about what I missed in history yesterday. And that will weigh on my mind until I go back tomorrow and find out it was nothing.

It goes without saying I'm an extreme worrier who spends most of her days filled with anxiety.

Anyways, I think the point of this whole post is venting. Which is what my blog would have been filled of the last few months and probably the sole reason it's been so quiet around here. The best I can think of to do is step back, take a deep breath, approach one thing at a time and just kick ass to the best of my abilities. Effort is worth something, right?

No comments: