Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Fifteen: Send Pain Meds

Degenerative Disc Disease and Spinal Stenosis run in my family, which is a fancy way of saying I come from a long line of effed up spines (my Dad being our most famous example with two low back surgeries and a neck laminectomy). And despite this and the low back and neck pain I sometimes deal with I continue to do things I shouldn't. Like carry in a million grocery bags at one time, lift the lab into the tub at bath time or in Friday night's case: pick up the world's heaviest backpack at an awkward angle and hoist it onto my bed.

Shortly after a nerve under my left arm began twitching to the point I was in tears over the sensation. I woke up in the middle of the night over it and by morning the pain was throbbing and radiating down to my very numb and cold fingertips.

In short, I should have remembered what my 7th grade science teacher used to tell us: don't do dumb stuff.

The point of this story is there is no point. Just a little bit of what I've been up to this weekend. I won't deny enjoying the excuse to curl up with a heating pad last night and rest for a few hours. During which I took the opportunity to watch UP and bawl my stinkin' eyes out. And then my Dad came and gave me the you-do-too-much-stuff-you-shouldn't-don't-end-up-like-me talk about my 'issues'...it was a real bonding moment. ;)

The remainder of my weekend has been but a blur of boredom. Grocery store visits, coupon clipping, movie watching, chicken salad making and reading wonderful chick lit (so not a book snob this weekend).

My camera should be here Tuesday! And Jon's first Christmas present arrives tomorrow! I feel all Christmas spirit-y already.

No comments: