Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Clinton-ite

First things first, if you read me at Myspace it would appear I'm unable to cross-post there this morning. (Anyone else having a blog problem at myspace?)

Second things second, if you read me over at myspace chances are you are not reading this. So who cares?

Anyways.

I've skipped the remainder of the day's classes because Chelsea Clinton will be on campus later on this afternoon and I need some time to eat first. She's, from what I've heard, fielding questions from students for about an hour. I've been plotting the perfect question and if I get a chance to ask it I'll be sure to tell you all the details later.

Not that anyone cares. My Bill Clinton story dropped like a boulder. ;)

But it is important to me. I'm very loyal to the Clinton family and it will be fun to see Chelsea in person today. After her, I'll only have Hillary left to see. And given the word out of the KDP, all three Clinton family members are going to be hitting Kentucky hard in the coming weeks.

My mother, an ever faithful Clinton-ite as well, is growing increasingly jealous of my hobnobbing. Poor thing. ;)

So in addition to my Clinton schmoozing my parents are still on the hunt for a car. Which with my vehicle needs on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Mom's new job requiring her to travel to the hospitals has them renting a car this week. I am beyond ready for them to just buy something. But Mom wants an Odyssey so they can eventually travel more when she scales back work in the next few years and Dad wants a good deal.

My father, let it be said, is a very frustrating person to car shop with. It's why I went a year without a vehicle once, and it's the reason Mom is dealing with it now. He is the worst consumer...ever.

But today he's foregoing the car search because our other outside cat showed up a couple of days ago with a gash on his side just like his sister a couple of weeks before. Dad and Jon are taking the cat to the vet, in what I'm sure will be an experience for them both. I don't think they've ever done it without me and I'm a bit worried.

To say I'm a mother hen would be an understatement. I tend to want to hold their hands through everything they do. Perhaps it's codependence. Perhaps it's just because they simply cannot manage without me.

Or perhaps it's because I know that while my Dad drives a hard bargain on a vehicle, he'll get himself taken to the cleaners at the Vet's Office.

Either way, I'm focusing on my day with Chelsea. And only periodically checking in on my boys.

No comments: