Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Photo of the Day


final pictures of retreat 021
Originally uploaded by apsies
My father has zero interest in grilling. Which is odd, because isn't that what men do? Grill?

But no. He just doesn't care. (However, the fire bug in him did result in his ritualistic burning of beetles in the grill over the weekend, at which point I found him sing songing, "I'm cookin' some beetles". But really, that's another story.)

My mother on the other hand loves to grill. She fires that charcoal up in any weather. Which is why I've seen her grilling in everything from a bathing suit to a rain jacket to a ski parka.

Jonathan has caught her bug.

On Sunday she allowed him to fire up the grill all by himself. I believe the excitement in his face speaks for itself. But it was his reaction after lighting the coals that I'll remember the most, "Gosh, it didn't even go *poof* like I wanted it to....give me the lighter fluid."

1 comment:

kate said...

hahaha this is exactly like my family...my dad could care less and my mom always ends up being the one out there bitching because it's the dude's job.

when i was younger & still at home i usually got roped into manning the grill but i hated it too!

but lately i have really been craving grilled chicken, zucchini and onions...mmm...i might need to man up