Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Photo of the Day



While I love the chihuahua and the chiweenie it is our labrador, Jack, who kills me the most. Labs in general are a bit goofy, awkward and aloof. Smart, but dumb...all at the same time. And Jack is no exception to the rule.

This picture was taken last week. Jack is now pushing his senior years (8 years old when the average lab life span is 10-12) and no longer feels the need to wander away from our house. So he gets the privilage of going leash-less outside. Most of the time he loves it, I would imagine this is his special right that he lords over the heads of the little girls in our family attached to their harnesses.

However, this particular day there was a hardcore game of baseball going on in our backyard. And by hardcore, I mean my brother was knocking out homeruns while his friends watched. At any rate, Jack was growing weary of the giant flying balls that were landing dangerously close to him as he walked around the yard. Which is why he huffed, in the only dramatic way he knows how, and took his spot nearer to the house. When my Mom came back outside he turned his head towards her and flashed this look as if to say, "Come on Mom, can't you stop them or something?"

Yes, my dog is almost as dramatic as I am.

(The pan and bricks he's laying near? Might be there because someone has a bit of a digging problem when nobody else is looking. And someone may have made a spot that now has to be reseeded.)

No comments: