Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy

I spent much of my time this past Winter writing about how much I hate Winter. Or how unhappy I was. Or how much I couldn't stand another cold day.

I've come to realize that while I devoted much time to the bad side of things, I've yet to devote that much to the good stuff. The good stuff deserves its own post. There are many things to be happy about now that the weather is fantastic and my mood has lifted. Let me indulge.

I'm happy about stopping to smell the roses. Or flowers of any sort. Planting, and relishing in the feeling of renewal.


I'm happy about Orange Crush in glass bottles. All sticky and sweet and refreshing.


I'm happy about flip flops in fresh cut grass and pink toenails.



I'm happy about sunglasses and UV rays and chilling in the warm glow of a sunny day.


I'm happy about warm puppies.


But most of all, I'm happy about feeling so good.

And that pink toenails in squishy sand is just 7 weeks away.
Hard to be unhappy when faced with this prospect.

1 comment:

kate said...

oooh i love that last picture! it makes me want the beach so baaaaaaad.