Friday, April 25, 2008

Just Plain Tired

I bought a damn Nalgene bottle three days ago and now...I'm going to die.

Ain't that the way life works?

In all fairness I checked and my bottle is part of the phased out of the bad stuff line...but still. I've totally used other Nalgene bottles in the past.

It seems like every time you turn around there is another something to be worried about. Don't drink out of this, don't eat that, don't even think about considering that other thing.

Should you use paper or plastic. No, none at all, we should all buy those reuseable bags. Except Kroger thinks those bags are a joke because they make them the size of a pea. So I don't buy them. Well...I did. Half Price Books has a great reusuable bag. However, I never remember to actually bring it to the book store with me. Oops.

Then there is gas prices. I saw people lined up down the street the other day to fill up before gas went up eleven cents.

Which seems, kind of hysterical. $4 or not, we all have to have it. This isn't Europe, we don't have a system of railway lines (although we should), I have no access to public transit where I live and I bet most of you reading don't either.

So we freak out over gas. The same people freaking out who said Hell Yeah to war in Iraq years ago.

Now the economy is in the shithole, inflation is rising, gas prices are going up, people are losing jobs, and I have to worry about Nalgene bottles?

I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

kate said...

i feel ya. i used to fret over everything that was bad for me but then i realized that pretty much everything in the world has been shown to cause cancer/illness/DEATH and it's just too much work to worry.

of course that's what i'm telling myself for the time being, since i still haven't been able to stop smoking...but still

gas is ridiculous, i am almost on empty but i still haven't filled up out of sheer principle (and poverty)

April said...

Yep, and none of us are getting out alive.

I am always reminded of an Aunt of mine who lived they most natural lifestyle ever. Walked a mile every day, no refined or processed anything, natural water, no sodas ever...and she died from Breast Cancer. I'm guessing had she known it was all futile she'd have ate that Big Mac once in a while.