Thursday, April 17, 2008

Photo of the Day: Deer Lake Edition

Before Editing:


After Editing:


I had my new Paintshop software humming last night. And Picnik! I have to say, Paintshop is definitely more complex and a bit trickier to figure out, but Picnik is completely comparable in basic photo editing abilities. This is, of course, from the I don't know what in the hell I'm doing most of the time perspective. I'll be the first to say I've never in my life given much thought to photo editing. And I'm usually very happy with my normal picture quality. However, I can't deny that a little editing really makes a picture pop.

Which is why I've spent my spare time, when I could have been watching really bad television, to instead keep on tinkering away with old pictures.
This photo was taken at Deer Lake State Park in Seagrove Beach, Florida. We were down there when all of those wildfires were smoldering. Which unfortunately gave a smoky look to a lot of my pictures from that trip. I'm liking the cleaned up version.

1 comment:

Devin said...

This website is so much better than Flickr.You get so much more free on this one.