Monday, March 3, 2008

Anglophilia

Princess Diana died August 31, 1997 when I was 11 years old. From the moment I watched it scroll across the bottom of my television screen, to the weekend I watched her funeral early in the morning from the floor of my bedroom I became a bit of an Anglophile. I read every single book about the royal family I could get my hands on, became fascinated with my English last name and loved anything British, which also enhanced my Spice Girls obsession.

I don't go to extremes like I did in my tween years, however I do still pick up any royal family book I come across. Even the ones I know will be bad. And I'll just admit right now, I have a slight obsession with Princes William and Harry.

Which is why I've been anxious all day, because tonight on ABC, 20/20 is doing a rare 2 hour profile on the British Royal Family. They've been documenting The Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry for the past year and it will supposedly offer a personal glimpse into their family and world.

Totally freaking out here.

Also totally a dork.

But for any other anglophiles like myself you've now been properly warned to set your tivos and such and watch the special tonight.

So, can we marvel at how beautiful Harry is? Even while in combat in Afghanistan? And how brilliant it was to stage a breakup with girlfriend Chelsy Davy so as to avoid rumors of his absence around her. Love it.


I've always thought a man in uniform is hot. But a man in uniform with a royal title? Positively smoking.

Then can we discuss how awesome it is that Victoria Beckham shops at Target? Triple love that one.

1 comment:

Devin said...

I love that Victoria shops at target.Makes me feel famous for shopping there.