Monday, March 10, 2008

Testing, Testing, Is This Thing On?

Is there some sort of blog drought I don't know about? I get online, I run through my bloglines and nothing. Nobody is updating, except for the few who do write every single day without fail. Praise the lord for them. And let me just say, I don't praise for just anything.

So I log into Myspace. Again. More of the same: nothing. No silly surveys to read, no blogs there. So I try Facebook. And that's just ridiculous anymore. It used to be the cool alternative to Myspace but now the only updates are someone inviting you to another stupid "application". Or so and so from eight thousand years ago just had a kid. Woohoo. Let me roll my eyes.

Then I update my blog for the umpteenth time. But there are no commenters because of some internet outage I don't know about. And let me tell you, anyone is lying if they say they don't blog for the comments. I mean, I could write for myself and never publish it. But it's the same concept as a book, we write to be read. Or post stupid videos from YouTube to be watched. Either way, it's striking a conversation.

A conversation that might I add is not going so hot. Umm hello. Is this thing on?

So I check the mail today. Imagine me, walking slowly to my mailbox with that "I'm So Lonely" song playing in the background. And thank Jesus it was like Christmas. (you see this crap, the great blog drought '08 is going to turn me evangelical...holy shit) Not only did I get the travel guides pictured earlier but I also got a Country Mart ad and Time Magazine. Christmas and New Years I say!

Which lead me to spending time earlier reading Time from front to back. In one setting. Without moving. Thank God I read fast. (again...I'm warning...the jesus thing) And besides the compelling article by Joel Stein on Hillary's Comeback and the other compelling article on Darfur, I found a fluff piece about internet alternatives to software. Specifically a comparison of Photoshop to Picnik.

I'm too cheap to have Photoshop. And although I have Paintshop Pro coming in a software package with my new camera, it ain't here yet. So I spent all evening messing around with pictures and such on that website. Oh where has it been all my life?

And that's where I am now. Blogging again. Proving that someone can update and at least prove that they still exist. Hopefully some of you return soon. But let it be said, if I find out the internet went on a cruise without me, I'm going to be pissed.

4 comments:

kate said...

holla!

i, for one, was missing because apparently when you are gone from work for a week, there is a HUGE FREAKING PILE OF STUFF for you to do when you get back!! :)

i am still here, i love reading your stuff and i absolutely love that you update all the time...which i am terrible about!!

also - thank you for the picnik link, that is awesome!

SassyCassie said...

I jumped over her from Joe and Devin's blog and I just have to tell you how much I love picnik! It's so simple! After I bought the membership I spent like a week on there just messing around!

April said...

Aww, I understand your absence. Seriously though, like lots of blogs are not updating right now. Very sad I say, very sad.

You're welcome for the picnik link, that's the best website I've found in awhile.

April said...

Thank you Cassie! I'm seriously considering a membership there, I'm glad to hear you like it so much!