Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kegs and Closets

I'm officially on spring break after today. Which for me just means an extra two days of sitting around doing nothing. Theorhetically speaking I'd love to take time to take Jon to Frankfort and My Old Kentucky Home, however it's highly unlikely since my parents are to be super busy next week getting their truck fixed and looking to perhaps buy a new vehicle.

Why a new vehicle you ask?

Oh well, because my mother is getting a freakin' promotion!!!

My mom is totally kick ass at her job and therefore she was picked to head a new division of their office. She'll be entirely in charge of durable medical equipment, in addition to the work comp drug program she already runs. I'm not too sure what it all means except she'll be leaving the clinical floor, will have her own sit down office and will have to visit patients in the hospitals to fit them for something.

And she gets a raise. Which is really the only important part!

I've come to realize I get my drive from my mother, and the desire to be in charge of things. I didn't know this all of the years she spent as a SAHM or working part time cleaning. But it's been pretty cool to figure out.

So mom's getting a promotion, Dad's looking to maybe buy a new car, and I'm just wanting to sleep.

Yeah, I'd say that's about it.

I found out this morning that I missed both the announcement and ticket sales of a Kenny Chesney show in Lexington this Friday. He's doing a "Keg and Closet Tour", this time playing bars in towns of Southeastern Conference Schools and tickets were 10 dollars for his show at The Dame on Friday: http://www.dameky.com/mainTest.php

Can you imagine how awesome that would have been?

I'm trying not to cry here.

No comments: