Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cleanup in Aisle 9: Excessive Drool Over Coach Accessories

I'm going to shop later on today when I'm finished with my classes. It's been a long time since I've engaged in retail therapy that doesn't involve groceries. And while we all know my love affair with food, it's time to buy other stuff.

Like sundresses. I need a sundress. I want something black, thin cotton, perhaps stackable with a brightly colored undershirt. Am I asking for too much here? Hopefully Target has something that fits, somewhat, the bill.

I also need flip flops. I thought I was okay on flip flops, until I properly inventoried my collection this weekend and decided there wasn't enough chocolate or black, and I most definitely need to add these to the mix:



Aren't they beautiful. Let's admire.

They are also $78.

Listen, I'll mismanage my school money any way I want to, okay?

No I lie, as much as I love them and think they are pretty and I want to braid their hair. I could not bring myself to purchase them. A purse? Sure, I can take care of those. I can't protect those babies up there from mud and other...elements though. I'd never wear them. No scratch that. I'd wear them, but never outside. And really, what would be the point?

But pretty. Oh so pretty. My heart aches.

Hi. I'm April. And I'm addicted to expensive flip flops.

There I admitted it. Now, everyone stop giving me a hard time about it.

So let's see, I want a dress and flip flops, and...oh yeah.

Patrick Dempsey...I mean...Enchanted.



Ain't he pretty too? Almost as pretty as those flip flops.

And I need a book, despite having a million at my house. None of them are just right. Or interest me today. I'm thinking Target is going to be my one stop shop for all of this stuff.

Oh and Jon is getting The Jonas Brothers CD. That just might...accidentally...get left in my car all of the time. But that's going in his Easter Basket, along with an iPod Shuffle. I have no clue what will turn up in my Easter Basket. And I'm adult enough not to care.

Ha.

Haha.

No I'm not.

But anyways, I digress. I did purchase candy and baskets and will be making one for our parents. You know, to show my appreciation. That and I can't stand when they buy us stuff but don't get anything to enjoy themselves. So I got Dad lots of chocolate. And Mom lots of sour stuff. And while I'm out I'm finding something to stick in their baskets that isn't candy, probably music for Mom and "I Am Legend" for Dad.

I'm actually looking foward to Easter this year. We are just staying at home, baking a nice dinner and having a huge Egg Hunt with our neighbors. Should be fun.

In the meantime, I'm shopping. Today. For fun things.

Ahh...consumerism at it's best. Consider it my effort to relieve the economy.

No comments: