Thursday, March 13, 2008

One of Those Days

I just spent 2 hours and $100 of my parent's money at the Vet's Office. Again.

For those of you who have been reading for awhile you'll know my long "love affair" with the vet office. And mind you, I put love affair in air quotes because I wouldn't say it's love, but more of a neccessary evil but-oh-my-god-they-are-so-nice-and-clean-here sort of feeling.

I never have to wait that long, but they were unexpectedly slammed today and had to deal with an out of control cat that had to be tranqualized while we were there. Needless to say I now know the names of the vet's children, how long they've had their 3 dogs, how long ago he and his wife opened the place, talked to his mother and got to hear all about how her father/his grandfather is dating some golddigger.

It's been one of those days.

This morning I spent 45 minutes at Michel Tires getting a balance and rotation on my car. I guess it rides better, since that's all Dad's been asking me. While there I had to make awkward small talk with people. I hate that shit. Seriously, while we are all sharing the same space while we wait on essentially the same thing, it really does not deem it neccessary to "bond". Ick.

After that fiasco I came home to the house and Dad decided I should run one of our outside cats to the vet, because she's had a wound on her side that just isn't healing. We loaded her into her cage, got her to the vet so that he could clean the wound, give her two injections, give us a spray for it and take our money. You know, the usual.

I figured the day was finally turning the corner as we rounded out of the office and headed back home. Until Jon noticed a foul smell coming from the cage in the backseat. A foul smell that just kept growing, and growing. Until Jon is spraying air freshener and holding one of those scented cans up to his nose for the remainder of the drive.

Yes, the cat shit all over her carrier.

It's been one of those days.

No comments: